The 10 Oldest People EVER In North Dakota
I asked my listeners not too long ago if you would ever want to live to be 100?
I figured the majority of people would say yes, but that was not the case. Many people wanted to live only as long as they could have a good quality of life. I would tend to agree with that.
I'm not the type of person I see sitting in an apartment or nursing home watching re-runs of Two and 1/2 Men all day. If I need help taking a shower or going to the bathroom, you might as well pull the plug. If I can't be active, what's the point?
I envision myself hunting pheasants well into my 80s and my heart will probably give out on me eventually right in the middle of walking in a cattail slough with snow up to my knees. If I had to guess, that will end up as my demise, and probably not a bad way to go. So much better than widdling away slowly with a terminal disease.
Now that we've got the morbid talk out of the way, let's take a look at the people who have lived the longest in North Dakota.
These individuals have defined the odds and zoomed right past the average life expectancy in North Dakota. As you might have guessed, all of these individuals that lived past the century mark are female.
Here are the Top 10, according to Gerontology Wiki
1. Iris Westman-born August 28th, 1905. Aneta, North Dakota. Died on January 3rd, 2021. Lived 115 years, 128 days.
2. Stella Lennox-born January 31st, 1908. Aneta, North Dakota. Died on December 6th, 2020. Lived 112 years, 182 days.
3. Clarabell Demers-born November 1910. Town born unknown. Still living. 112 years, 182 days plus, and counting.
4. Lillian Moran-born March 18th, 1911. Maddock, North Dakota. Still living. 112 years, 47 plus days, and counting.
5. Lucy Forist-born November 17th, 1906. Town born unknown. Died on July 25th, 2018. Lived 111 years, and 250 days.
6. Helene Sandvig-born November 25th, 1911. Cass County, North Dakota. Still living. 111 years, 160 plus days, and counting.
7. Mary Schumacher-born August 29th, 1898. Reynolds, North Dakota. Died on October 29th, 2009. Lived 111 years, 61 days.
8. Lillian Wilson-born November 24th, 1909. Minot, North Dakota. Died on November 4th, 2020. Lived 110 years, 346 days.
9. Violet Conn-born June 22nd, 1911. Wishek, North Dakota. Died on January 16th, 2022. Lived 110 years, 208 days.
10. Connie Williams-Born June 26th, 1912. Taylor, North Dakota. Died on December 12th, 2022. Lived 110 years, 167 days.
LOOK: Baby boomer baby names that have gone out of style
Honoring 7 North Dakotans who paid the ultimate price in Afghanistan